Prepaid Oil Sample Bottle
Sample bottle used in Conklin’s Oil Analysis Kit, which helps to extend drain intervals
Additional Product Information
Oil analysis is the key to extending drain intervals and providing pertinent information about oil and engine condition for family vehicles, farm equipment, and over-the-road trucks. Protect vehicles and equipment through regular oil testing. Submit your oil sample using the Prepaid Oil Sample Bottle as well as the Oil Sampling Pump & Instruction Sheet and specialized plastic tubing (sold separately) for complete oil analysis.
How do I take an oil sample?
Oil analysis is the key to extending drain intervals and providing pertinent information about oil and engine condition for family vehicles, farm equipment, and over-the-road trucks. Protect vehicles and equipment by performing regular oil testing. Submit your oil sample for complete oil analysis.
Conklin recommends an oil analysis before extending oil change intervals. Follow the steps below to determine optimal intervals:
- First, you need to purchase the Prepaid Oil Analysis Bottle and the Oil Sampling Pump & Instruction Sheet from Conklin. (It is best to sample the oil when it's warm.)
- After putting the oil sample in the bottle, you use the mailer to send it to the testing facility.
- Change oil filter and take a sample of the oil at every recommended drain period.
- Change the oil when the oil analysis report states that it needs changed.
- Once you determine the baseline for oil drain interval, you may not need to sample the oil at every recommended drain interval.
- Always change filter at every recommended drain interval.
- Oil filters must be changed according to manufacturer's recommendations.
Conklin Oil Analysis Directions:
- First, hook the tubing up with the pump.
- Then, screw the sample bottle onto the pump.
- Remove the oil dipstick and place the tubing into the dipstick tube.
- Begin to pump.
- Unscrew the bottle when it is almost full to release the pressure and stop the flow.
- Complete the paperwork and mail it in.